These tasty treats are perfect for a long weekend, like this one we have upon us.
And since it’s the weekend – be sure not to skimp on the ice cream! After all – it is the weekend 😉
- 1 tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and a big spoon/scoop
- ~ 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies (we baked ours using the President’s Choice Decadent Cookie Mix – yes it exists and YES you should use it!)
- wax paper
1) Bake your cookies, or if you’re in a rush use store bought and make sure they are at room temperature.
2) Leave out your tub of ice cream for about 5 minutes or until soft (depends on ice cream).
3) Scoop a ton of ice cream onto the back of one cookie and topping with the bottom side of another. Be sure to press the excess ice cream into the centre of the sandwich. That’s right – smoosh it in there so that there aren’t any lonely spaces.
4) Wrap the ice cream sanwich in wax paper. Don’t worry too much about securing the paper (so long as your sandwich is fully covered) as it will freeze in place.
5) Place your wrapped sandwiches into the freezer for at least a few hours.
6) Take out and enjoy with family and friends!