Hi all! How’d your week start off? Are you feeling the spring itch yet? I’m definitely feeling pumped to shed a few layers and play around with my outfits more. For today’s post I wanted to share with you a great (and easy) DIY idea to add to your spring wardrobe. I bring you – the printed sweater!
Materials: – Fabric Paint, art/small paint brush – Stencil (you can even make on out of card stock) or a stamp (your results won’t be as opaque/detailed) – Cotton Sweater (tight weave) – Newspaper or rag material that you can put in between the front and back of your shirt.
1) Lay your shirt flat and with newspaper or rag material layered in the middle of your shirt (so that the paint won’t bleed through).
2) Cut out your stencil leaving minimal paper (depending on how much space you want between your images).
3) Hold your stencil in place and gently paint brushing outside in. This stroke style will help to ensure that your image is best copied.
4) Gently lift the stencil pulling upwards such that the stencil doesn’t touch the sweater until purposely placed in your next preferred position.
5) Add as many images as you wish, rotating as you please. Let the paint dry fully before switching sides (if you choose).
6) Et viola!
hat: Forever 21 | sweater: Forever 21 | skirt: old navy (old) | boots: Joe Fresh